Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel

Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned 2010-11-26T17:04:42Z
dc.date.available 2010-11-26T17:04:42Z
dc.date.created ca. 1960
dc.date.issued 1960
dc.identifier.other 98.03.0085
dc.identifier.uri http://library2.smu.ca/xmlui/handle/01/20317
dc.description col. photograph
dc.description Very good. Bottom edge slightly warped.
dc.description Photograph of the west wall (that adjoins McNally Building) of the old Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel, the upper level of which (this floor) was converted first into a reading room in 1970, then the McNally Theatre Auditorium which opened on March 1 1982, with the stage moved to the east wall and the auditorium seating in the west wall. In 1989 the chapel's double-height basement gymnasium was converted into two levels housing the Faculty Lounge, IT office, The Den computer lab, and classrooms while still retaining the external facade of the original 1953 church.
dc.description Came in an envelope marked 'Campus - Photos taken especially for selling to Saint Mary's University Jan 1981, Physical Plant - various, Kitchen, A.V., Linen, Printing, Secretarial'.
dc.description Date Catalogued: 10/1/1998
dc.description.provenance Made available in DSpace on 2010-11-26T17:04:42Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.format.extent 8.8 cm x 12.3 cm
dc.subject.other Campuses
dc.subject.other Churches
dc.title Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel
dc.type Image
 Find Full text

Files in this item

 
 

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record