Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel in Back of McNally Building, ca. 1978

Show simple item record 2010-11-26T17:04:50Z 2010-11-26T17:04:50Z [ca. 1978] 1978
dc.identifier.other 98.03.0188
dc.description color photograph
dc.description Excellent condition but the corners are slightly frayed
dc.description Photograph of the back side of McNally Building, with the former chapel, the library rear brown double-door entrance, and the Science Building in view. Note how the chapel's new steps wrap around the library rear entrance to lead up to the chapel upper level doors. The upper floor space was renovated into the McNally Theatre Auditorium which opened on March 1 1982, with the stage moved to the east wall and the auditorium seating in the west wall (adjoining McNally Building). In 1989 the chapel's double-height basement gymnasium was converted into two levels housing the Faculty Lounge, IT office, The Den computer lab, and classrooms while still retaining the external facade of the original 1953 church.
dc.description Stamped in black on reverse: 'Please return to Information Services, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, N.S. B3H 3B3.' Written in ink on reverse: '77-78,' with the 78 encircled. Written in pencil, but erased, and in black ink on reverse: '25%'. Came in an envelope marked 'Campus - Aerial 1979 (?) 1982 (Obsolete)'. From Art Gallery.
dc.description.provenance Made available in DSpace on 2010-11-26T17:04:50Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.format.extent 20.2 cm x 25.3 cm
dc.subject.other McNally Building
dc.subject.other Patrick Power Library
dc.subject.other Science Building
dc.subject.other Campuses
dc.subject.other Churches
dc.subject.other Libraries
dc.title Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel in Back of McNally Building, ca. 1978
dc.type Image
 Find Full text

Files in this item


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record