Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel, ca. 1970

Show simple item record 2010-11-26T17:04:50Z 2010-11-26T17:04:50Z [ca. 1970] 1970
dc.identifier.other 98.03.0189
dc.description b&w photograph
dc.description Very good condition but the corners frayed
dc.description Photograph of Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel in back of McNally Building, taken from spot where Patrick Power Library now stands. The upper level of the old chapel was converted first into a reading room in 1970, then the McNally Theatre Auditorium which opened on March 1 1982, with the stage moved to the east wall and the auditorium seating in the west wall (adjoining McNally Building). In 1989 the chapel's double-height basement gymnasium was converted into two levels housing the Faculty Lounge, IT office, The Den computer lab, and classrooms while still retaining the external facade of the original 1953 church.
dc.description Came in an envelope marked 'Campus - Aerial 1979 (?) 1982 (Obsolete)'. From Art Gallery.
dc.description.provenance Made available in DSpace on 2010-11-26T17:04:50Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.format.extent 25.3 cm x 20.5 cm
dc.subject.other Campuses
dc.subject.other Churches
dc.title Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel, ca. 1970
dc.type Image
 Find Full text

Files in this item


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record