Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel

Show simple item record 2010-11-26T17:06:17Z 2010-11-26T17:06:17Z ca. 1968 1968
dc.identifier.other 99.03.0329
dc.description b&w photograph
dc.description Good. Tear in bottom edge near lower left corner. Emulsion residue and fine lines throughout. Sides curling.
dc.description Photograph of the old chapel, McNally Building, Science Building and (in upper left corner) the two-story St. Francis Elementary School (now Inglis Street Elementary School). A corner of the Burke Building is just barely visible near top right corner. The upper level of the old chapel was converted first into a reading room in 1970, then the McNally Theatre Auditorium which opened on March 1 1982, with the stage moved to the east wall and the auditorium seating in the west wall (adjoining McNally Building). In 1989 the chapel's double-height basement gymnasium was converted into two levels housing the Faculty Lounge, IT office, The Den computer lab, and classrooms while still retaining the external facade of the original 1953 church.
dc.description From Art Gallery.
dc.description Date Catalogued: 2/9/1999
dc.description.provenance Made available in DSpace on 2010-11-26T17:06:17Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.format.extent 17.5 cm x 12.7 cm
dc.subject.other McNally Building
dc.subject.other Churches
dc.subject.other Campuses
dc.subject.other Science Building
dc.subject.other Burke Building
dc.title Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel
dc.type Image
 Find Full text

Files in this item


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record