Construction of McNally Building in Spring, 1950

Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned 2010-11-26T17:06:28Z
dc.date.available 2010-11-26T17:06:28Z
dc.date.created 1950
dc.date.issued 1950
dc.identifier.other 99.03.0458
dc.identifier.uri http://library2.smu.ca/xmlui/handle/01/21588
dc.description b&w photograph
dc.description Very good condition: sides curling, photo yellowing and emulsion residue beginning to show
dc.description Photograph of the sign (at Inglis and Robie Streets) announcing construction of Saint Mary's University on former Gorsebrook golf course by MacDonald Construction Builders. Note the framing of McNally Building in the right background which was erected in May 1950. Note also that ultimately the university went with a different architectural firm from the one originally chosen in 1949 (see 99.03.0457 and 99.03.0459).
dc.description Written in black ink on reverse: 'August 49' which was crossed out and replaced with 'May 1950'. Stamped in black on reverse: '131'. From Information Services photo album. From Art Gallery.
dc.description.provenance Made available in DSpace on 2010-11-26T17:06:28Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.format.extent 8.7 cm x 12.7 cm
dc.subject.other McNally Building
dc.subject.other Construction
dc.subject.other Campuses
dc.subject.other Robie Street Campus
dc.subject.other Gorsebrook Golf Club
dc.title Construction of McNally Building in Spring, 1950
dc.type Image
 Find Full text

Files in this item

 
 

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record