Students at Convocation in Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel 1975

Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned 2011-07-14T18:21:45Z
dc.date.available 2011-07-14T18:21:45Z
dc.date.created 1975
dc.date.issued 1975
dc.identifier.other 11.04.0187
dc.identifier.uri http://library2.smu.ca/xmlui/handle/01/23132
dc.description b&w photograph
dc.description Excellent.
dc.description Photo of students in graduation gowns seated in the main level of the original chapel (built in 1953, complete with altar) while their parents sit in the balcony during Convocation. Also found on pg. 2 of The Times, 1975. This space was renovated into the McNally Theatre Auditorium which was opened on March 1 1982, with the stage moved to the east wall and the auditorium seating in the west wall (adjoining McNally Building). In 1989 the chapel's double-height basement gymnasium was converted into two levels housing the Faculty Lounge, IT office, The Den computer lab, and classrooms while still retaining the external facade of the original 1953 church.
dc.description Written on back: '2G, '2E', '71%', 'p. 2'.
dc.description Date Catalogued: Nov. 2/10
dc.description.provenance Submitted by Craig MacEachern (craig.maceachern@dal.ca) on 2011-07-14T18:21:45Z No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.description.provenance Made available in DSpace on 2011-07-14T18:21:45Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 0 en
dc.format.extent 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
dc.subject.other People
dc.subject.other Graduation
dc.subject.other Graduates
dc.subject.other Convocation
dc.subject.other Students
dc.subject.other Churches
dc.title Students at Convocation in Former Canadian Martyrs Parish and Chapel 1975 en_CA
dc.type Image en_CA
 Find Full text

Files in this item

 
 

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record