Salter's Gate, Mariott Courtyard Hotel : the history of its location as part of the interior theme

Show simple item record

dc.contributor Salter's Gate Limited
dc.contributor Nova Scotia Museum
dc.creator Davis Archaeological Consultants Ltd.
dc.creator Duffus Romans Kundzins Rounsefell Ltd.
dc.date.accessioned 2017-03-31T19:32:29Z
dc.date.available 2017-03-31T19:32:29Z
dc.date.issued 2005
dc.identifier.uri http://library2.smu.ca/handle/01/26867
dc.description.abstract The site of the Salter's Gate/Marriott Hotel was first built upon in the mid 18th century immediately following the founding of Halifax (1749). Because of it's significance the site was declared a "special place" by the Province of Nova Scotia and falls under the regulations of the Special Places Protection Act. As a result a historical background study and Resource Impact Assessment of the site was carried out, followed by an archaeological excavation. This work was carried out by Davis Archaeological Consultants Limited under license from the Province of Nova Scotia. In the course of the archaeological phase of the excavation some 29 features and approximately 40,000 artifacts were found. Features have been documented with photos and archaeological drawings. Worthwhile artifacts are presently being conserved. All artifacts are owned by and remain under the stewardship of the Province of Nova Scotia. en_CA
dc.format.extent 16 pages
dc.language.iso en en_CA
dc.publisher Davis Archaeological Consultants Ltd.
dc.relation Heritage Research Permit A2005NS10
dc.rights The Special Places Branch of the Nova Scotia Provincial Government has provided permission to digitize and disseminate the reports hosted in this repository.
dc.subject.lcsh Salter's Gate Site (Halifax, N.S.)
dc.subject.lcsh Halifax (N.S.) -- Antiquities
dc.subject.lcsh Excavations (Archaeology) -- Nova Scotia -- Halifax
dc.title Salter's Gate, Mariott Courtyard Hotel : the history of its location as part of the interior theme en_CA
dc.type Text


Files in this item


 

Copyright statement:

 
The Special Places Branch of the Nova Scotia Provincial Government has provided permission to digitize and disseminate the reports hosted in this repository.
 
 

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record